.oO NOMNOMNOM Oo.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.oO NOMNOMNOM Oo.

.we will nom you to death.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Thanks for visiting NOMNOMNOM Guild's homepage! Please register using your in-game name. Thank you!

New Year's Resolutions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Candy

Candy

New Year's Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:57 am

Every year, people across the world make vows to improve their self worth, their health, character, reputation etc etc. After listing yearly resolutions myself, I find that my list goes through "phases". There are a block of years where I'm more concerned about my health, others where I want to concentrate on my relationships with other people, and some where I just don't care because I make unrealistic goals. LOL~

As I approach my 30's this year, I've decided to combine a lot of the previous elements.. yet keep it simple. It won't be an easy task, as some of my resolutions are character flaws I've had for several years. Not really sure if you can really change something that's been stuck with you for so long, but I can at least make an attempt to change what I know isn't fair/right.

Here's my partial list for 2012. Not posting all, since some are personal. :]

1. Eat healthier. With a busy schedule, I'm constantly running around and not really paying attention to what I'm eating other than "Oh man, I'm craving this! Must eat!" I think I have a fairly healthy palette, but I'd like to incorporate more fruits and fiber and this year. Much more cooking and less eating out, too!

2. Get more active. I wish we had 48 hour days. Then, I'd have more time (sunlight?) to go outside and go hiking/running! I hate going to gyms, hate staying stationary on bikes and treadmills. Running around neighborhoods is creepy too. You never know what creeper is staring at you while you run by their house... I'd rather have squirrels stare at me at the park. >___< I'm hoping to get in about 1-2 days a week of hiking during the winter and 3-4 when the weather warms up.

3. Be more patient. This is probably the most difficult one I'll be working on this year. My personality is pretty cut throat/cold turkey. I usually live by a 3-strikes and you're out rule and if someone's screwed me over enough, there are no such things as a second chance. I'm a go-getter. I get my work done. I like to be efficient and as effective as possible and strategize my work so I can complete everything better and faster than anyone else. On the downside, that some times also means I'll be knocking down people who get in my path. I need to be more accepting of the idea that everyone works on their own time, not mine. While having high expectations can be a good thing, my expectations are different from others and I shouldn't push and shove (or knock down). So I guess we'll see how this one turns out. I know this isn't something I can change in a year, but I can at least make a start and make small changes.

So those are my top 3 resolutions for 2012. What about you guys? Do you have any resolutions?
Back to top Go down
Baiyu

Baiyu

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:09 pm

1. get all A's =w=
2. get a GF ;D
3. stop judging people
Back to top Go down
WICKEDTONY

WICKEDTONY

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:42 pm

1: Make more money...

2: Become a workaholic....

3: Pay off my court fines.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Candy

Candy

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:30 pm

WICKEDTONY wrote:
3: Pay off my court fines.. affraid

traffic violations?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year's Resolutions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.oO NOMNOMNOM Oo. :: NomNomNom (Public) :: General Discussion-