.oO NOMNOMNOM Oo.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.oO NOMNOMNOM Oo.

.we will nom you to death.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Thanks for visiting NOMNOMNOM Guild's homepage! Please register using your in-game name. Thank you!

WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Candy

Candy

WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues! Empty
PostSubject: WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues!   WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:47 pm

!!! W A R N I N G !!!
As many of you have already heard, there are some serious game-breaking issues occurring. While it's origin is uncertain, it hit all NA servers yesterday. Reports were spilling in of mysterious tents, characters stripped of all equipment worn, egos deleted etc. There are also reports of these abusers having GM abilities. I wanted to take the time to break down the info for you so you have an idea of what's going on. All information has been gathered through Nexon forums and if anyone has any additional information, please share it with us.

For safety purposes, it is probably best that you stay logged off until the game is thoroughly fixed. However, if you must play, it is advised that you strip your character of inexpensive items (or run naked).

Players are reporting that hackers will send you a summon request which, if accepted, will instantly teleport you inside their "Tent of Hacking". From there, all items currently equipped are taken and ego is/can be deleted while leaving the character with nothing but a black robe.

There are conflicting reports of hackers having GM capabilities, allowing them to summon anyone they wish without making a formal request. However, there are no players stepping up to confirm this. Here's a quick explanation of how one player thinks this is all being done (Click here for reference.)

"They summon you just for convenience, since they only need your Character ID. What they are doing is they are using the GM island to be able to do server sided stuff with the mods. They are building packets with people`s character`s ID and the item ID of what they are wearing, and summoning the item to them, or destroying it. If you arent in the GM island, when you tried to send a packet to another character it would just disconnect you, because you are not a GM, however players got into the island and they have the priviledges now."

Please do not:

• Accept any random requests. Whether it be for trading, a summon, an enchant request. Any link connection is thought to let hackers have some kind of access to your account.
  • Go into any tents. Hackers are using tents to somehow strip characters of everything, leaving them with nothing but a "black robe".
    Buy anything suspicious. Items have been duped like crazy in the last 48 hrs. How can you tell if something has been duped? Are there 10 items of the same type, color, and stats? In fact, it's probably best that you stay away from shops in general.

Here are some images taken from the Nexon forums.
WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues! Mabinogi20111231045
WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues! Mabinogi20111231047

As a reminder, any NOMNOMNOM member caught participating in any duping and/or knowingly accepting duped items will be immediately kicked.

Back to top Go down
Souyui

Souyui

PostSubject: Re: WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues!   WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:08 pm

A friend forwarded this to me too:

Information on the 'Tree Hackers.'
These hackers are running around, offering random items to people. If it's 'too good to be true' type of items (Hebonas, Nuadhas, etc.) and you accept the trade, then you're banished into their tent and hacked. I've already had to watch 5 victims be tricked into their schemes, despite of my warnings to stop them. These hackers are running all across the servers, so be ready for harsh hits against your player base. It's best to make sure that your server is ready for these 'punks' and make sure they don't fall victim to this.

Here's the warnings you need to be ready for:

1) Any random trades? Immediately cancel them. Any link connection between you and them would cause you to be sent into their tent and be hacked. Do not accept any random trades!

2) If they come up to you and offer you an item, which is very high in value, for free--definitely don't take the bait. This is what they're doing to lure their victims, thinking they're going to get a nice item, but end up getting hacked.

3) Look-out for any particular coloured Hebonas. In Tarlach, make sure to stay away from anyone with a Purple Flashy Hebona, because they might be associated with tree hacker group. I've seen two people already do this.

4) If you do end up seeing a victim, make sure to pursue these hackers and inform of the potential victims of the situation, so they don't end up like the others.

If you want to put your two-sense into this and help expand on this information, then feel free to do so!
Back to top Go down
Damkun

Damkun

PostSubject: Re: WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues!   WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Souyui wrote:
A friend forwarded this to me too:

Information on the 'Tree Hackers.'
These hackers are running around, offering random items to people. If it's 'too good to be true' type of items (Hebonas, Nuadhas, etc.) and you accept the trade, then you're banished into their tent and hacked. I've already had to watch 5 victims be tricked into their schemes, despite of my warnings to stop them. These hackers are running all across the servers, so be ready for harsh hits against your player base. It's best to make sure that your server is ready for these 'punks' and make sure they don't fall victim to this.

Here's the warnings you need to be ready for:

1) Any random trades? Immediately cancel them. Any link connection between you and them would cause you to be sent into their tent and be hacked. Do not accept any random trades!

2) If they come up to you and offer you an item, which is very high in value, for free--definitely don't take the bait. This is what they're doing to lure their victims, thinking they're going to get a nice item, but end up getting hacked.

3) Look-out for any particular coloured Hebonas. In Tarlach, make sure to stay away from anyone with a Purple Flashy Hebona, because they might be associated with tree hacker group. I've seen two people already do this.

4) If you do end up seeing a victim, make sure to pursue these hackers and inform of the potential victims of the situation, so they don't end up like the others.

If you want to put your two-cents into this and help expand on this information, then feel free to do so!

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://dmoniair.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues!   WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues! Empty

Back to top Go down

WARNING! Serious In-Game Issues!
Page 1 of 1